Sunday, January 08, 2006

April 5th

Good day, sportsfans. The Showman here. Let me grab the sports section of my local rag and see what’s going on in the world today…

How about the stock market? Down 600 points yesterday. Thank God I don’t have any money to invest. But if I did have money, I’d throw it all into beta video. VCRs are going to be huge one day, baby. That’s a little tip from The Showman to you.

Around the NFL now. The new schedules came out yesterday for the 2000 season. Because there’s an odd number of teams these days, at least one team has a bye each week. Including the first and last week of the season. That makes about as much sense as Joan and Melissa Rivers’ Oscar show. Which reminds me, when I walked into the Shrine Auditorium last Sunday for the annual glitzy Oscarcast, Joan asked me who I was wearing and Melissa asked me how much it cost. What ever happened to tact, folks? Damn nepotism.

Let’s talk a look into Rory’s foggy crystal ball now, whaddaya say?

Baseball: I like the Yankees and the Braves. What more do you want from me? Of course, my sleeper pick is the Twin Cities darlings, the Twins. Which is far and away the best Triple-A team out there.

Basketball: The Lakers and Knicks. Those are two basketball teams.

Hockey: I haven’t followed the pucks much since the North Stars left town, but I hear good things about that Detroit team.

On a personal note, Happy Birthday today to television’s Tracey Gold. Here’s hoping for another fabulous year, sweetheart. Even though we all go through some "growing pains", I’d love to have you as my "daughter".

Short article today. But you know the old show biz rule, always leave ‘em wanting more.

I’m winkin’ at ya and thinkin’ of ya.
The Showman,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home