Sunday, January 08, 2006

An Introduction To Rory Bumpers

So over the weekend, I was going through some of my old files and came across the long lost Rory Bumpers columns. In 2000, my friend Max and I worked at a place called SportsPage.com. We didn't have any sports reporters, we didn't go to games and yet somehow, we still lost out to cbsportsline and espn.com. What can you do?

Anyway, Max and I created a character called Rory Bumpers, who was basically an old school super celebrity. As the story goes, he was huge between '51 and '78, then disappeared for about 22 years, only to make a triumphant return at SportsPage.com.

Now - for only the second time online! - I offer you the entire Rory Bumpers catalog. Sixty-some daily columns written between March 30 and June 26, when SportsPage.com went kaput.

And again, this was in 2000, so the sports news is, um, somewhat dated.

1 Comments:

At March 17, 2006 at 1:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

A fantastic blog. Keep it up. No better time than now to check out these collectible sports memorabilia items - Collectible Sport

 

Post a Comment

<< Home