Thursday, September 23, 2004

Wha?

Driving around recently, I flipped over to R&B Jamz 5000 or whatever the station is called. I was sorta half-listening to the computer-generated song when the singer started talking. And that’s when I heard this: “Girl, this is the hardest thing I ever had to do. Tell the woman I love I’m having a baby with a woman I hardly know. This ain’t about my career? This ain’t about me. This is about us.” What the heck kind of upside down love song is this? And what did his lady say when she first heard this song? “Ooh! You wrote a song for me?! That’s so sweet! Wait…what is this song about?”

I mean, write what you know, I guess, but man. I would love to meet the couple out there that hears this song on the radio and says, “This is our jam!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home